Replacing a car tyre following a puncture or severe damage can be costly. However, a puncture repair is a cost-effective alternative for immediate tyre replacement needs. It will help you get back on the road and let you enjoy an uncompromised driving experience.
We, A1 Tyres Cambridge, are one of the most sought-after destinations for puncture repair Cambridge. We offer this service for every tyre variant and at a competitive rate. Furthermore, we strictly follow the BS-AU 159 puncture repair method to plug the affected tyre area and prevent safety issues.
Reasons to opt for a puncture repair service at a professional automobile workshop!
The internet has several DIY videos showing how to conduct a puncture repair yourself. However, it is an intricate process, and even the slightest mistake can cause irreparable damage to your car tyres. Hence, you should always seek professional help to ensure accurate results.
Further, not all tyres are repairable. So, we check the following parameters before conducting a puncture repair Cambridge:
- The tread depth of the tyre must not be less than 1.6mm
- The tyre should be free from exposed cords
- The main tread should be intact
- Sidewalls of the tyres should not suffer any damage
- Puncture size must be less than 6mm, etc.
About our puncture repair process
We strictly adhere to BS AU 159 puncture repair procedure to repair your car tyres, which includes these steps:
- Our experts will dismount the car’s tyres from the wheel assembly and inspect the affected area.
- Then, we locate the damaged area and remove attached external objects, if any.
- Following this, we use a 6mm carbide mill cutter to make a puncture channel from the inside of the tyre.
- We repeat the same technique from the outside so that the channel is free from resistance.
- Then, we clean the affected area with a pre-buff scrapper or cleaner.
- Next, we will keep the patch in position and make an outline.
- Following this, our technicians will apply a vulcanising accelerator mix into the puncture channel, insert a tyre repair patch and plug it into the channel.
- We will pull this patch and plug it outwards so that the patch gets attached to the tyre adequately.
- We use a liner sealant to seal the area.
- Finally, we will cut the stem and mount back the tyre onto the wheel assembly.
No more looking for ‘puncture repairs near me’. Visit us today!